FRV Mara 5/78
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Mara (74MR)|
|Cruise period||1978-05-01 — 1978-05-12|
|Port of departure||Macduff, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Macduff, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||Development of techniques for observation of gear and fish behaviour.
1. Communication test with TUV II
2. Assess the possibility of remotely controlling the TUV II as an observation vehicle from the surface using information from the TV camera.
3. Testing diver hand held flow meters and dye packs on the net.
4. Testing and developing a divers net panel declination meter.
5. Testing the sighting and measuring equipment for measuring the sand cloud geometry from a trawl door.
|Chief scientist||Clem S Wardle (Department of Agriculture and Fisheries for Scotland Aberdeen Marine Laboratory), John Main (Department of Agriculture and Fisheries for Scotland Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.10 MB)|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Gear research||Description: Equipment for measuring the sand cloud geometry tested and checked.|
|Gear research||Description: Testing of the TUV II as a remote controlled vehicle.|