FRV Scotia 1107S
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Scotia (748S)|
|Cruise period||2007-07-23 — 2007-08-07|
|Port of departure||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
1. To collect surface sediment grab samples from CSEMP locations within the Fladen ground, Minches and Shetland area
2. To undertake surface sediment grab survey of the East of Shetland basin.
3. To collect surface sediment grab samples from near to Lerwick on behalf of SEPA.
4. To undertake RoxAnn, swathe bathymetry, grabbing, TV sledge survey/trials at potential tidal energy sites located at the Pentland Firth, SW Islay, Canna and Eigg (subject to change) using grab, TV, RoxAnn and swathe bathymetry
5. To undertake a check monitoring survey within the MOD BUTEC range near Raasay using grab, TV sledge, RoxAnn and swathe bathymetry.
6. To undertake swathe bathymetry, Roxann and grabbing surveys within the Minches, 20 km east of Mingulay.
7. To undertake RoxAnn, swathe bathymetry, grabbing, TV sledge survey/trials within the Moray Firth SAC.
8. To undertake check monitoring of the Loch Linnhe artificial reef using grab, TV sledge, RoxAnn and swathe bathymetry (Contingency)
9. To undertake RoxAnn, swathe bathymetry, grabbing, TV sledge survey/trials at the Ullapool Harbour, Stranraer Harbour, Ayr and Troon Harbour sea disposal sites (Contingency).
10. To undertake a surface sediment craib core survey of the Garroch Head and Cloch Point sea disposal site for the determination of flame-retardants (Contingency).
11. To undertake swathe bathymetry, RoxAnn, grab and TV sledge survey work at a possible offshore windfarm site near Bell Rock (Contingency).
|Chief scientist||Peter Hayes (Fisheries Research Services Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise programme||(0.01 MB)|
|Cruise report||(0.02 MB)|
Inner Seas off the West Coast of Scotland
North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)
|Specific||Shetland, the Minches, North Sea and Moray Firth|
|Bathythermograph||Quantity: number of stations = 7|
Description: 27 detailed swath bathymetry surveys across 7 sites
|Geology and geophysics|
|Grab||Quantity: number of samples = 267|
|Bottom photography||Quantity: number of stations = 7|
Description: 27 TV tows across 7 sites