FRV Clupea 1507C
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Clupea (74CU)|
|Cruise period||2007-10-29 — 2007-11-15|
|Port of departure||Fraserburgh, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Fraserburgh, United Kingdom|
1. To undertake fish and sediment sampling in the Clyde and Minch areas in support of the temporal trend and biomarker monitoring studies
2. To undertake sampling of flounder in St Andrews Bay and the upper Firth of Forth.
3. To undertake sampling of flounder collected from upper Clyde on behalf of SEPA West.
4. To determine hepatic protein and bile metabolite concentrations on board.
5. To sample plaice liver from Colonsay, Pladda, Solway Firth, Garroch Head and Cloch Point for macroarray assay in conjunction with Glasgow Caledonian University.
6. To sample Buccinum for imposex measurements in support of TBT effects survey.
7. To sample fish and sediment from the Clyde and Solway Firth CSEMP stations.
8. To obtain epibenthos samples from off Lybster in support of a project to investigate effects of drilling mud components on various invertebrates, mainly molluscs.
9. To sample 100 0-Group (<15 cm) cod, haddock or whiting from North Minch.
10. To collect wet fish food for the aquarium.
Scientific equipment was loaded, set up and secured on 26 October. Three scientific staff and a student joined the vessel on evening of 28 October. Clupea sailed on 29 October for the Beatrice oilfield where epibenthos samples and sediments were collected in support of a project to investigate effects of drilling mud components on various invertebrates, mainly molluscs. Clupea then returned to Fraserburgh where the student disembarked at 2100. Clupea sailed again at 0800 on 30 October and made passage south. Fishing, and associated sediment samples, from St Andrews Bay was completed before anchoring overnight. Clupea sailed the next morning for the Firth of Forth where fishing by beam trawl at Blackness commenced at 1200. Five trawls were taken and returned only 7 flounder and the site was abandoned.
|Chief scientist||Alistair D McIntosh (Fisheries Research Services Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise programme||(0.34 MB)|
|Cruise report||(0.04 MB)|
Inner Seas off the West Coast of Scotland
Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
|Specific||Firth of Forth, North Sea, The Minch, Firth of Clyde, Solway Firth|
|Track charts||(0.02 MB)|