RV Corella 16/73
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corella (74CX)|
|Cruise period||1973-11-06 — 1973-11-19|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To determine the reactions of plaice to a Granton trawl by extending
the series of experiments carried out on cruises CORELLA 13 and
18/1971, 15, 16, 17 and 18/1972 and 3 and 12/1973.
2. Capture of live dabs for use in laboratory experiments.
3. Collection of fish gonads and brains for histological examination.
4. Collection of fish pineal; pituitary and hypothalmus glands for
5. Collection of phytoplankton sample for Dr Dodge (London University) .
6. Collection of live plaice for future sector scanning cruises.
|Chief scientist||Brian C Mumford (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.11 MB)|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Phytoplankton||Quantity: number of stations = 1|