RV Cefas Endeavour 14/10
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cefas Endeavour (74E9)|
|Cruise period||2010-09-10 — 2010-10-01|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
1. To carry out a 4m beam-trawl survey of groundfish to i) obtain fisheries independent data on the distribution and abundance of commercial flatfish species, and ii) derive age compositions of sole, plaice, cod and whiting for use in the assessments of stock size.
2. To collect biological data including maturity and weight at age of sole, plaice, lemon sole and other commercially important finfish species as part of CEFAS' requirements under the EU Data Collection Framework.
3. To determine the distribution and relative abundance of juvenile and adult sole and plaice.
4. To collect surface & bottom temperature/salinity data using CTo and Niskin Bottle.
5. To quantify epibenthos using 4m beam trawl by catch.
6. Collect length/weight & maturity information using individual fish measurements, in support of the EU Data Collection Framework.
7. To collect surface sea-water samples for processing on return to Lowestoft for the analysis of caesium and tritium.
8. To collect fish samples in support of other Cefas projects and training courses.
9. To collect photographic images of brill and turbot gonads for the Workshop on Maturity Staging of brill and turbot in 2012.
10. To sample fishes and queen scallops for stable isotope analysis in support of food web studies.
|Chief scientist||Ian David Holmes (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Lowestoft Laboratory)|
|Cruise programme||(0.08 MB)|
|Cruise report||(0.52 MB)|
Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
|Specific||Irish Sea, Bristol Channel, Eastern English Channel|
|Track charts||(0.02 MB)|