RV Corella 4/74
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corella (74CX)|
|Cruise period||1974-03-13 — 1974-03-26|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To test techniques for the sampling of trace metals in sea water on selected sections of the standard North Sea trace metal grid.
2. To measure the variation in the metal and phosphate content of water at selected inshore localities over a tidal cycle.
3. To sample surface sediments in an area off the English coast between 52N and 54N for trace metal analysis.
4. To sample the water and surface sediment off Benacre for trace metal analysis in the vicinity of the wreck of MV BURTONIA.
5. To collect and exchange water samples for an intercalibration of techniques for analysing trace metals between the laboratories of Texel, Belgium and Lowestoft.
6. To survey the distribution of dissolved phosphate in the water of the Thames Estuary.
|Chief scientist||Peter G W Jones (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.26 MB)|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 127|
Description: 39 surface and 88 surface and bottom
|Phosphate||Quantity: number of stations = 88|
|Trace elements||Quantity: number of stations = 133|
|Other contaminant measurements||Quantity: number of samples = 178|
Description: chemical pollutants in water and sediments
|Biology and fisheries|
|Zoobenthos||Quantity: number of hauls = 2|
|Routine standard measurements|
|Geology and geophysics|
|Dredge||Quantity: number of stations = 73|
Description: chemical analysis of sediments