RV Corella 9/74
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corella (74CX)|
|Cruise period||1974-06-13 — 1974-06-20|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To carry out an inshore survey of the English south coast for pelagic fish
eggs and larvae using a 50 cm High speed tow net.
2. To carry out a similar survey off the Devon and Cornwall coasts with some
additional offshore stations for larvae of Caner pagurus for Dr Bennett
3. To test an experimental bottom trawl designed to catch metamorphosing
4. To collect live copepods for Mrs B Thompson.
5. To investigate the variability of catch of the 50 cm High Speed tow net.
6. To collect dinoflagellate samples from off the East Anglian coast for
Dr Dodge (Birkbeck College, London).
|Chief scientist||John D Riley (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.12 MB)|
|Surface measurements underway (T,S)||Description: T only|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 86|
Description: S surface only
|Optics (eg underwater light levels)|
|Surface drifters/drifting buoys||Quantity: number of deployments = 14|
Description: midwater drouges
|Biology and fisheries|
|Phytoplankton pigs (eg chlorophyll, fluorescence)|
|Zooplankton||Quantity: number of stations = 84|
|Eggs and larvae||Quantity: number of stations = 84|
|Occasional standard measurements||Quantity: number of observations = 86|