RV Corella 15/74
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corella (74CX)|
|Cruise period||1974-10-22 — 1974-11-08|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To investigate by a programme of grabbing and trawling the disposal grounds in Liverpool Bay, Bristol Channel, Solent and Thames.
2. To collect samples of sediments, benthos and fish from these areas for chemical analysis.
3. To collect samples of sediments, benthos and fish from the Mersey estuary for mercury analysis.
4. To investigate by a programme of grabbing, fishing and underwater television the Lithothamnion banks in Falmouth Bay.
5. To obtain fish samples from the gravel extraction Areas Nos 221 and 229 off Southwold.
6. To sample sediments, benthos and fish from the eastern Celtic Sea.
|Chief scientist||Keith W Wilson (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.15 MB)|
Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
|Trace metals||Quantity: number of stations = 130|
|Bottom deposits||Quantity: number of stations = 130|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Zoobenthos||Quantity: number of samples = 162|
Description: survey: distr./abundance of benthos in relation to pollution and environmental influences
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 9|
|Geology and geophysics|
|Grab||Quantity: number of stations = 130|
|Bottom photography||Quantity: number of deployments = 5|