FRV Goldseeker 6/74
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Goldseeker (74GO)|
|Cruise period||1974-09-03 — 1974-09-26|
|Port of departure||Tarbert, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Tarbert, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To observe by diving the operation and efficiency of various gears used to catch scallops and queens and to prepare a photographic record.
2. To examine the effect of gears on the sea bed and its inhabitants.
3. To study the reaction of scallops and queens on the gears.
4. To study the escape of scallops and queens from the gears and the survival of captured, damaged and escaped animals.
5. To determine the densities of scallops and queens on commercial beds.
6. To undertake time-lapse camera studies of scallop behaviour.
|Chief scientist||James Mason (Department of Agriculture and Fisheries for Scotland Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.15 MB)|
|General||Inner Seas off the West Coast of Scotland|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Molluscs||Quantity: number of hauls = 50|