RV Cirolana CIR3A/75
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1975-03-03 — 1975-03-13|
|Port of departure||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Yarmouth, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To re-establish the 2 Lowestoft long term moored current meter stations in the Flamborough Head - Dogger Bank area.
2. To establish a short term line of moored stations between the River Tyne and Dogger Bank.
3. To make serial hydrographic measurements on the Tyne-Dogger line.
4. To measure in detail the current profile over a tidal cycle in the sprat patch area off the River Tyne identified by Dr P O Johnson.
5. To collect plaice eggs from the Flamborough Off Ground for Dr Purdom.
6. To measure ship's noise whilst underway for Mr Stewardson.
|Chief scientist||John W Ramster (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.28 MB)|
Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)
|Surface measurements underway (T,S)||Description: T only|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 30|
|Current meters||Quantity: number of deployments = 9|
Description: 4 days
|Currents measured from ship drift||Description: Anchored ship current observations|
|Surface drifters/drifting buoys||Quantity: number of deployments = 500|