RV Clione CLI13/75
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Clione (74CN)|
|Cruise period||1975-09-05 — 1975-09-28|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
(1) To make a reconnaissance via the sector scanner and/or the IOS sidescan sonar of sea-bed
profiles at and near the Data Buoy's planned position (DB1)
(2) To mark the eventual positions of the 3 data buoy anchors with surface buoys.
(1) To service JONSIS stations 1 and 2 and make a hydrographic survey of the region between and around them.
1. To assist the Trinity House tenders MERMAID and READY in anchoring Data Buoy I and subsequently to lay two setsof oceanographic sensors in the vicinity of the buoy.
2. To recover the IOS acoustic releases and sub-surface buoys laid on part A of this cruise.
|Chief scientist||John W Ramster (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.24 MB) (0.24 MB) (0.15 MB)|
|Current meters||Quantity: number of deployments = 4|
Description: 56 days
|Geology and geophysics|
|Grab||Quantity: number of samples = 3|
|Long/short range side scan sonar||Quantity: number of hauls = 18|