RV Cefas Endeavour 11/13
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cefas Endeavour (74E9)|
|Cruise period||2013-06-20 — 2013-07-01|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
1. To collect samples of demersal fish for chemical analysis from the North Sea and Eastern English Channel in support of the Clean Seas Environmental Monitoring Programme (CSEMP) (MSFD Descriptor 8 & 9).
2. To collect fish samples at CSEMP sites for fish disease biochemical markers (e.g. EROD and bile metabolites analysis) (MSFD Descriptor 8).
3. To sample representative CSEMP stations using grab, multicore and beam trawl for trace metal contaminants, sediment particle size analysis, PAHs and benthic fauna (MSFD Descriptor 1, 4 & 8).
4. To conduct marine litter surveys (MSFD Descriptor 10).
5. Undertake sampling Tyne/Tees disposal site (SLAB5).
PLAN (subject to change based on prevailing weather conditions)
RV Endeavour will sail on the morning tide from Lowestoft on the 20th June. Scientific staff travelling from Weymouth will need to arrive in Lowestoft on the afternoon of the 19th June. The RV Endeavour will sail to CSEMP stations off the Wash before proceeding north via the Humber to the Tees and Amble stns to take samples under aims 1 - 5. While in the Tyne/Tees region sampling will take place at dredge disposal sites (SLAB5). RV Endeavour will then sail to the Dogger Bank where samples will be taken at the six CSEMP stations in this region under aims 1 - 4. Further sampling will take place at CSEMP stations as RV Endeavour steams south to the Gabbard, Indefatigable Bank, Smith Knoll and then through the Dover Straits to Rye bay and Newhaven. Sample in the eastern Channel for micro-plastics (EU Intereg project) After which the RV Endeavour will then steam back to Lowestoft and berth on the 1th July.
|Chief scientist||Brett P Lyons (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Lowestoft Laboratory)|
|Cruise programme||(0.55 MB)|
|Specific||The Wash, Humber, Tees, Tyne, Dogger Bank, Gabbard, Indefatigable Bank, Smith Knoll, Rye Bay, Newhaven.|