RV Celtic Voyager CV0917
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Celtic Voyager (45CV)|
|Cruise period||2009-07-10 — 2009-07-19|
|Port of departure||Cork, Ireland|
|Port of return||Cork, Ireland|
|Objectives||UWTV survey of Celtic Sea Nephrops grounds. Will be used to describe the abundance, distribution and estimate the biomass of Nephrops in the Celtic Sea.
1. Technology and protocol transfer between Marine Institute (Ireland), AFBI Northern Ireland (UK) and IFREMER (France).
2. To develop a fishery independent survey to produce a relative index for the Nephrops stock.
3. To develop a fishery independent survey to a biomass estimate for the Nephrops stock.
4. To map the Celtic Sea Nephrops grounds.
5. To gather data on the abundance, distribution and patchiness of Nephrops burrows in the Celtic Sea.
6. To collect secondary data on the seabed in the Celtic Sea using benthic grabs and multibeam.
7. To satisfy the requirements of the Irish National programme under the EC Data collection regulation 1543/2000.
|Chief scientist||Colm Lordan (Marine Institute Galway)|
|Specific||South of Ireland.|