RV Celtic Voyager CV11005
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Celtic Voyager (45CV)|
|Cruise period||2011-08-17 — 2011-08-26|
|Port of departure||Castletownbere, Ireland|
|Port of return||Dublin, Ireland|
|Objectives||UWTV survey of Irish Sea Nephrops grounds. Results used to describe the abundance and distribution of, and estimate
the biomass of, Nephrops in the Western Irish Sea.
1. Technology and protocol transfer between Marine Institute (Ireland) and Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute, Northern Ireland (AFBI).
2. To develop a fishery independent survey to produce a relative index for the Nephrops stock.
3. To develop a fishery independent survey to a biomass estimate for the Nephrops stock.
4. To map the Irish Sea Nephrops grounds.
5. To gather data on the abundance, distribution and patchiness of Nephrops burrows in the Irish Sea.
6. To collect secondary data on the seabed in the Irish Sea using benthic grabs and multibeam.
7. To satisfy the requirements of the Irish National programme under the EC Data collection regulation 1543/2000.
|Chief scientist||Colm Lordan (Marine Institute Galway)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|