RV Celtic Voyager CV12012
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Celtic Voyager (45CV)|
|Cruise period||2012-06-24 — 2012-07-03|
|Port of departure||Rossaveel, Ireland|
|Port of return||Cork, Ireland|
|Objectives||This is the seventh in a time series of UWTV surveys in the Celtic Sea FU22 'Smalls' ground carried out by the Marine Institute, Ireland. The 2012 survey was multi-disciplinary in nature.
1. To complete randomised fixed isometric survey grid of ~47 UWTV with 4.5 nautical mile (Nmi) spacing stations on the 'Smalls' Nephrops ground (FU22).
2. To carry out ~50 UWTV indicator stations in the wider Celtic Sea (FU19, FU20-21) if time allows.
3. To obtain 2012 quality assured estimates of Nephrops burrow distribution and abundance on the "Smalls" Nephrops ground (FU22). These will be compared with those collected previously.
4. To collect ancillary information from the UWTV footage collected at each station such as the occurrence of sea-pens, other macro benthos and fish species and trawl marks on the sea bed.
5. To collect oceanographic data using a sledge mounted CTD.
6. To sample Nephrops and macro benthos using a 4 m beam trawl deployed at ~10 stations.
|Chief scientist||Colm Lordan (Marine Institute Galway)|
|Cruise report||(1.26 MB)|
|Specific||Celtic Sea, West, South and South East|