|Ship name (ship code)||Thalassa (35HT)|
|Cruise period||2003-10-18 — 2003-12-01|
|Port of departure||Lorient, France|
|Port of return||Concarneau, France|
|Objectives||EVHOE is a multiannual survey with the following objectives:
1. Building time-series of abundance indices for the main dermersal and benthic species in the Celtic Sea and the Bay of Biscay.
2. Measuring inter-annual changes in their recruitment.
3. Mapping the spatial distributions of the species and their inter-annual variations, as well as looking for the origin of this variability (biotic and/or abiotic parameters, fisheries impact).
4. In the framework of the "Bay of Biscay challenge", the data collected are vital for understanding changes in faunal communities. The standardized daytime bottom trawling cruise covered the following geographic zones: Bay of Biscay, Celtic Sea, Bristol Channel and south of St George's channel of isobaths from -15 m to - 600 m.
5. Knowledge of the bathypelagic fauna is improved through night-time midwater trawling above seafloors more than - 2000 m.
Related programs are Fisheries assessment, Fisheries ecosystems and FIS.
|Chief scientist||Jean-Claude Mahe (IFREMER Channel and North Sea Centre)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
Bay of Biscay
|Specific||Bay of Biscay, Celtic Sea, Bristol Channel and south of St George's channel.|