RV Clione CLI15/76
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Clione (74CN)|
|Cruise period||1976-10-26 — 1976-11-09|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
1. Survey distribution and abundance of planktonic organisms.
2. Continuous moniring of subsurface environmental parameters.
3. Fluorometric, nutrient analysis of samples at each survey station.
4. Sampling young fish with 2 sq m frame trawl.
5. Sampling with 2 m ring net (neuston).
6. Release of sea bed drifters at selected stations.
7. Collection of live plankton.
8. Collection of fish samples for metal analysis.
1. Sector scanner/sidescan survey of bottom topography in Tees Bay, Druridge Bay, Filey Bay.
2. Collection of fish for stomach content analysis using mid water trawl.
|Chief scientist||David J Garrod (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.18 MB)|
Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
|Surface measurements underway (T,S)||Quantity: track kilometres = 2309.444|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 116|
Description: 93 T surface
|Transparency (eg transmissometer)||Quantity: track kilometres = 2309.444|
|Surface drifters/drifting buoys||Quantity: number of deployments = 700|
|Oxygen||Quantity: track kilometres = 2309.444|
|Phosphate||Quantity: number of stations = 116|
|Nitrate||Quantity: number of stations = 116|
|Nitrite||Quantity: number of stations = 116|
|Silicate||Quantity: number of stations = 116|
|pH||Quantity: track kilometres = 2309.444|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Phytoplankton pigs (eg chlorophyll, fluorescence)||Quantity: track kilometres = 2309.444|
|Phytoplankton||Quantity: number of stations = 116|
|Zooplankton||Quantity: number of stations = 116|
|Neuston||Quantity: number of stations = 42|
|Eggs and larvae||Quantity: number of stations = 116|
Description: survey:taxonomy etc.
|Pelagic fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 29|
|Incident radiation||Quantity: activity duration in days = 11|
|Other meteorological measurements||Quantity: number of observations = 103|
Description: sea and swell
|Geology and geophysics|
|Long/short range side scan sonar||Quantity: number of hauls = 78|