RV Celtic Voyager CV13018
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Celtic Voyager (45CV)|
|Cruise period||2013-06-24 — 2013-07-03|
|Port of departure||Cork, Ireland|
|Port of return||Cork, Ireland|
|Objectives||Celtic Sea UWTV Survey. Since 2006 the Marine Institute have carried UWTV surveys of the Celtic Sea Nephrops grounds which includes the Smalls and Labadie Nephrops grounds. The results of the survey series were used to describe the abundance, distribution and estimate the biomass of Nephrops in the Celtic Sea.
1. To obtain 2013 quality assured estimates of Nephrops burrow densities from a randomised isometric grid of UWTV stations at 4.5 nautical mile spacing on the Smalls and Labadie Nephrops grounds.
2. To obtain 2013 quality assured estimates of Nephrops burrow densities from other areas in the Celtic Sea.
3. To collect ancillary information from the UWTV footage collected at each station such as the occurrence of sea-pens, other macro-benthos and fish species and trawl marks on the sea bed.
4. To collect oceanographic data using a sledge mounted CTD.
5. To satisfy the requirements of the Irish National programme under the 'Data collection regulation' EC Regulation 1543/2000.
|Chief scientist||Jennifer Doyle (Marine Institute Galway)|