RV Celtic Voyager CV14014
|Ship name (ship code)
|RV Celtic Voyager (45CV)
|2014-08-18 — 2014-08-27
|Port of departure
|Port of return
|Celtic Sea UWTV Survey Leg 2
1. To obtain 2014 quality assured estimates of Nephrops burrow densities from a randomised isometric grid of UWTV stations at 4 nautical mile spacing on the Smalls Nephrops grounds.
2. To obtain 2014 quality assured estimates of Nephrops burrow densities from from a randomised isometric grid of UWTV stations at 6 nautical mile spacing Labadie, Cockburn and Jones Banks.
3. To collect ancillary information from the UWTV footage collected at each station such as the occurrence of sea-pens, other macro-benthos and fish species and trawl marks on the sea bed.
4. To collect oceanographic data using a sledge mounted CTD.
5. To satisfy the requirements of the Irish National programme under the EC Data Collection Regulation 1543/2000.
|Colm Lordan (Marine Institute Galway)
|Smalls Nephrops grounds. Labadie Bank, Cockburn Bank, Jones Bank.