RRS John Murray JM12/76 (B/8/76)
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RRS John Murray (74MJ)|
|Cruise identifier||JM12/76 (B/8/76)|
|Cruise period||1976-09-01 — 1976-09-08|
|Port of departure||Barry, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Plymouth, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To consolidate Bristol Channel Chemical Data
2. To continue investigations of short-term variability in the Bristol Channel sediment resuspension zone.
3. To characterise the Celtic Sea component of the Bristol Channel admixture.
4. To investigate the influence of land drainage from the north coast of Devon and Cornwall on the chemistry of the Bristol Channel and Celtic Sea.
5. To occupy an anchor station as part of the SETWP multiboat sampling investigation, over a tidal period.
6. To collect sediment samples for metal analysis.
|Chief scientist||Alan W Morris (Institute of Marine Environmental Research, Plymouth)|
|Cruise report||(0.08 MB)|
|Surface measurements underway (T,S)||Quantity: track kilometres = 1200|
|Phosphate||Quantity: number of stations = 104|
|Nitrate||Quantity: number of stations = 104|
|Nitrite||Quantity: number of stations = 104|
|Silicate||Quantity: number of stations = 104|
|Trace elements||Quantity: number of stations = 67|
|Suspended matter||Quantity: number of stations = 104|
|Geology and geophysics|
|Grab||Quantity: number of samples = 77|
Description: chemical analysis of sediments