RV Cefas Endeavour 14/15
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cefas Endeavour (74E9)|
|Cruise period||2015-07-05 — 2015-07-16|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Portland Harbour, United Kingdom|
1. To collect samples of demersal fish and sediment samples from the North Sea and Eastern English Channel in support of the Clean Seas Environmental Monitoring Programme (CSEMP).
2. To conduct marine benthic litter surveys.
3. For the NERC-Defra Shelf Sea Biogeochemistry programme: To collect daily surface discrete samples for total alkalinity, dissolved inorganic carbon, inorganic nutrients and dissolved organic matter. Additionally to run the underway surface pCO2 system throughout the cruise.
4. Sample zooplankton as part of R&D programme into uptake of micro-plastics into the food web (Cefas-Exeter University PhD programme).
5. To conduct surveys of marine animals (birds and cetaceans) and part of Marine Life UK programme.
6. Undertake sampling SLAB5 dredge disposal site of Blyth (North Tyne area) sites.
RV Endeavour will sail to CSEMP stations off the Wash before proceeding north via the Humber to the Tees and Amble stations to take samples. While positioned off the Tyne undertake 24hrs of sediment sampling (SLAB5) at the dredge disposal site off Blyth, North Tyne area. RV Endeavour will then sail to the Dogger Bank where samples will be taken at the six CSEMP stations in this region. Further sampling will take place at CSEMP stations as RV Endeavour steams south to the Gabbard, Indefatigable Bank, Smith Knoll and then through the Dover Straits to Rye Bay and Newhaven.
|Chief scientist||Brett P Lyons (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Lowestoft Laboratory)|
|Project||Clean Seas Environmental Monitoring Programme (CSEMP)|
|Cruise programme||(0.38 MB)|
|Cruise report||(0.08 MB)|
|Specific||North Sea and Eastern Channel|
|Data held at BODC|
|7 Sample taken from ship's non-toxic supply|