RV Clione CLI2/68
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Clione (74CN)|
|Cruise period||1968-01-27 — 1968-02-16|
|Port of departure||Liverpool, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To salvage the current meter station at 54°OO'N 03°55''W from which the surface buoy disappeared during Cruise 1.
2. To trawl for meter 385 which disappeared fron the rig at
3. To lay 11 new current neters at stations 53°46' 04°37', 54'05' 04'25' and 54'32' O4°2O'.
4. To continue examining the performances of the current meters while in the sea with the aid of the Plessey hydrophone equipment and the diving team.
5. To measure currents by means of the Kelvin Hughes current meter and the towed electrode system.
6. To release Woodhead seabed drifters between Anglesey and the
Isle of Man and in the region between St. Bee's Head and Walney Island.
|Chief scientist||John W Ramster (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.48 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Surface drifters/drifting buoys||Description: bottom|
|Other physical oceanographic measurements||Description: currents msmnts from moored ocean. stat.|