FFS Walther Herwig III 392
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||FFS Walther Herwig III (06NI)|
|Cruise period||2016-01-25 — 2016-02-25|
|Port of departure||Bremerhaven, Germany|
|Port of return||Bremerhaven, Germany|
|Objectives||Participation in the ICES coordinated International Bottom Trawl Survey (IBTS) 2016 Q1 in the North Sea. The IBTS is an internationally coordinated ICES program. The survey aims to provide ICES assessment and science groups with consistent and standardised data for examining spatial and temporal changes in (a) the distribution and relative abundance of fish and fish assemblages; and (b) of the biological parameters of commercial fish species for stock assessment purposes.
- Determine the distribution and relative abundance of pre-recruits of the main commercial species with a view of deriving recruitment indices.
- Monitor changes in the stocks of commercial fish species independently of commercial fisheries data.
- Monitor the distribution and relative abundance of all fish species and selected invertebrates.
- Collect data for the determination of biological parameters for selected species.
- Collect hydrographical and environmental information.
- Determine the abundance and distribution of late herring larvae.
|Chief scientist||Matthias H F Kloppmann (Thünen Institute of Sea Fisheries, Hamburg)|
|Project||ICES International Bottom Trawl Survey|
|Coordinating body||International Council for the Exploration of the Sea (ICES)|
|Cruise report||(3.08 MB)|
|Specific||North Sea between 54 N and 62 N|