RRS Challenger CH6B/77
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RRS Challenger (74CH)|
|Cruise period||1977-04-14 — 1977-04-19|
|Port of departure||Dunstaffnage, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Dunstaffnage, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||Cruise objectives were.
(1) Re-establish the current meter mooring at 57N, 9W. Accomplished.
(2) Work the Anton Dohrn Seamount (Ellett Line) STD section. Accomplished.
(3) Work the Rosemary Bank STD section and shelf sections to W of Hebrides. No time for Rosemary Bank but stations between St Kilda and South Uist worked.
(4) Collect large volume surface water samples for radiocaesium analysis. Accomplished with STD profiles at all but one station.
(5) Moor IOS Taunton waverider buoy off west coast of South Uist. Accomplished.
(6) Dredge on continental slope for live specimens of Doryneus. Accomplished.
|Chief scientist||David J Ellett (Scottish Marine Biological Association)|
|Cruise report||(0.16 MB)|
|General||North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)|
|Specific||Rockall, Anton Dohrn Seamount|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 50|
Description: S surface 25 T surface
|CTD stations||Quantity: number of stations = 51|
|Instrumented wave measurements||Quantity: number of deployments = 1|
Description: waverider buoy
|Radioactivity||Quantity: number of samples = 50|
Description: surface water samples for radio-caesium analysis.
|Biology and fisheries|
|Zoobenthos||Quantity: number of stations = 2|
|Routine standard measurements|