RV Cefas Endeavour 20/16
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cefas Endeavour (74E9)|
|Cruise period||2016-09-10 — 2016-09-30|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Portland Harbour, United Kingdom|
1. To carry out a 4m beam-trawl survey of groundfish to i) obtain fisheries independent data on the distribution and abundance of commercial flatfish species, and ii) derive age compositions of sole, plaice, cod and whiting for use in stock assessments.
2. To collect biological data including maturity and weight at age of sole, plaice, lemon sole and other commercially important finfish species as part of CEFAS' requirements under the EU Data Collection Framework.
3. To determine the distribution and relative abundance of juvenile and adult sole and plaice.
4. To collect surface & bottom temperature/salinity data using CTD and Niskin Bottle.
5. To quantify epibenthos using 4m beam trawl by-catch.
6. Collect length/weight & maturity information using individual fish measurements, in support of the EU Data Collection Framework.
7. To collect surface sea-water samples for processing on return to Lowestoft for the analysis of tritium.
8. To collect fish samples in support of other Cefas and non-Cefas projects and training courses.
Narrative in attached cruise report.
|Chief scientist||Stephen Shaw (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Lowestoft Laboratory)|
|Cruise programme||(0.08 MB)|
|Cruise report||(1.25 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Specific||Irish Sea (ICES area VIIa); Bristol Channel & Celtic Sea (ICES areas VIIf & VIIg)|