RV Cefas Endeavour 03/17
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cefas Endeavour (74E9)|
|Cruise period||2017-02-22 — 2017-03-04|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Swansea, United Kingdom|
1. Service SmartBuoys at Liverpool Bay, Dowsing, Warp and West Gabbard.
2. Zooplankton nets at West Gabbard.
3. Service waverider buoys at Dowsing, South Knock, Hastings, Poole, Scillies, Scarweather, Hinkley, Liverpool Bay, Pembs possibly.
4. Nutrient mapping.
5. Recover passive samplers from Dowsing SB.
6. Deploy trial nitrate analyser on Warp SB.
7. Bird and mammal observations throughout.
Sail 18:00 22nd Feb 2017. Proceed to the Wash collecting surface samples en-route. Dowsing to service the SmartBuoy and waverider and collect collecting water samples. Continue nutrient mapping with occasional CTD around the North Sea until servicing the West Gabbard SmartBuoy and zooplankton nets on the morning of the 25th. Later that day the South Knock waverider and Warp SmartBuoy will also be serviced. The Hastings and Poole waverider to be serviced the next day, then head down the channel out to Western Approaches site for more water samples. The Scillies and west Pembs waverider will be serviced and deployed en-route to Liverpool Bay to service both waverider and SmartBuoy. The last tasks will be the waveriders at Hinkley and Scarweather before docking 4th March, de-mob 5th.
|Chief scientist||David Brian Sivyer (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Lowestoft Laboratory)|
|Cruise programme||(0.08 MB)|
|Specific||S North Sea, Channel, Celtic Seas|