Service interruption possible — 16th January 2016 between 14:00 and 14:05 GMT
RV Cirolana CIR5/77
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1977-05-04 — 1977-05-23|
|Port of departure||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To carry out a mackerel egg and larval survey in the Porcupine
Bank, Celtic Sea area.
2. To study the vertical distribution of mackerel eggs and larvae.
3. To study the development rate of scad eggs and larvae.
4. To identify fish concentrations by trawling.
5. To monitor environmental parameters.
6. To service JONSIS stations 1 and 2.
7. To bring back fertilised mackerel eggs (Mrs Thompson) .
8. To sample for plankton off Portland, Start Point and Bolt Head in
connection with reports that fishing nets in the area are being affected by contact with unidentified organisms.
|Chief scientist||R Colin A Bannister (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.52 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
Bay of Biscay
North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)
|Biology and fisheries|
|Phytoplankton||Quantity: number of samples = 7|
|Zooplankton||Quantity: number of samples = 7|
|Eggs and larvae||Quantity: number of samples = 84|