RV Cirolana CIR6/77
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1977-05-31 — 1977-06-15|
|Port of departure||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To carry out a mackerel egg and larval survey.
2. To study the vertical distribution of mackerel eggs and larvae.
3. To identify fish concentrations by trawling.
4. To collect blood and tissue samples from I-group fish for biochemical analysis.
5. To collect deep-frozen specimens of all fish caught for fish identification
6. To bring fertilized mackerel eggs to the Laboratory for rearing experiments.
7. To collect hearts from any large fish caught.
Note: The study of developing scad eggs and larvae, shown on the
ship's programme as Aim 4 was achieved on Cruise 5.
|Chief scientist||J P Bridger (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.34 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
Bay of Biscay
North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)
|Biology and fisheries|
|Phytoplankton||Description: continuous plankton recorder|
|Zooplankton||Description: continuous plankton recorder|
|Eggs and larvae||Quantity: number of samples = 70|
Description: mackerel egg and larval survey