RV Celtic Voyager CV16022
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Celtic Voyager (45CV)|
|Cruise period||2016-06-09 — 2016-06-18|
|Port of departure||Galway, Ireland|
|Port of return||Galway, Ireland|
|Objectives||Porcupine and Aran UWTV Survey
1. Obtain 2016 quality assured estimates of Nephrops burrow densities from a randomised isometric grid of UWTV stations at 3.5 nautical mile spacing on the Aran and 6.0 nmi spacing on the Porcupine Nephrops grounds.
2. Obtain 2016 quality assured estimates of Nephrops burrow densities from other areas in the Celtic Sea if time allows approx. 140 stations.
3. Collect ancillary information from the UWTV footage collected at each station such as the occurrence of sea-pens, other macro-benthos and fish species and trawl marks on the sea bed on the Aran Ground.
4. Collect oceanographic data using a sledge mounted CTD.
5. Sample Nephrops and macro benthos using a 3m beam trawl deployed at ~10 stations on the Smalls ground only if time allows.
6. Satisfy the requirements of the Irish National programme under the EU Data collection regulation 1543/2000.
|Chief scientist||Colm Lordan (Marine Institute Galway)|