RV Celtic Voyager CV16024
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Celtic Voyager (45CV)|
|Cruise period||2016-07-03 — 2016-07-12|
|Port of departure||Galway, Ireland|
|Port of return||Cork, Ireland|
|Objectives||Celtic Sea UWTV Survey Leg 1
1. Obtain 2016 quality assured estimates of Nephrops burrow densities from a randomised isometric grid of UWTV stations at 4 nautical mile spacing on the Smalls Nephrops grounds.
2. Obtain 2016 quality assured estimates of Nephrops burrow densities from from a randomised isometric grid of UWTV stations at 6 nautical mile spacing Labadie, Cockburn and Jones Banks.
3. Collect ancillary information from the UWTV footage collected at each station such as the occurrence of sea-pens, other macro-benthos and fish species and trawl marks on the sea bed.
4. Collect oceanographic data using a sledge mounted CTD.
5. Sample Nephrops and macro benthos using a 3m beam trawl deployed at ~10 stations on the Smalls only if time allows
6. Satisfy the requirements of the Irish National programme under the EU Data Collection Regulation 1543/2000.
|Chief scientist||Colm Lordan (Marine Institute Galway)|
|Specific||Smalls Nephrops grounds. Labadie, Cockburn and Jones Banks.|