RV Cirolana CIR11/77
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1977-10-12 — 1977-11-08|
|Port of departure||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Falmouth, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To lay 3 long-term current meter moorings in the southern trench of the Gibbs Fracture Zone (Mid Atlantic Ridge) at 52 degrees 10'N 31 degrees 00' W approximately.
2. To lay a long-term current meter mooring at the southern approaches to the Rockall Channel (52°3O'N 17°45'W) as part of the existing NEADS
3. To work a TSD/Nansen hydrocast section from the latter site to the IOS NEADS site at 46N 17W
4. To obtain cores of deep sea sediments.
5. To work echo-sounder transects in the vicinity of the Gibbs Fracture Zone for A S Laughton, IOS.
6. To service the JONSIS moorings.
|Chief scientist||Robert R Dickson (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.27 MB)|
|General||North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 19|
|Current meters||Quantity: number of deployments = 4|
|Other physical oceanographic measurements||Description: echo sounder profile of seabed|