RV Cefas Endeavour 07/16
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cefas Endeavour (74E9)|
|Cruise period||2016-04-23 — 2016-04-29|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
1. To gather additional biological data using methods appropriate to confirm (or otherwise) the presence of sea pens and burrowing megafauna in the core survey area of Coquet to St Mary's MCZ. This will use a combination of the Drop camera, the NIOZ box corer, Hamon grab and SPI camera.
2. To map the extent of the mud habitat, running out towards Farnes East, to provide evidence for offsite feature that could for part of a potential future BACI study.
3. To collect a water sample at Dowsing Smart buoy (on the outbound and return transit) and daily between 12:00 and 13:00 to determine the concentrations of chlorophyll and phytoplankton pigment concentrations
4. To conduct a multibeam calibration survey ahead of the May and June MPA surveys.
5. To collect sidescan sonar data at the North Norfolk sandbanks ahead of the June sandbank survey.
Narrative in attached cruise report.
|Chief scientist||Joanna M Murray (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Lowestoft Laboratory)|
|Cruise programme||(0.07 MB)|
|Cruise report||(0.11 MB)|