RV Clione CLI3/77
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Clione (74CN)|
|Cruise period||1977-02-24 — 1977-03-15|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To carry out a plankton survey of cod spawning areas in the northern Irish Sea.
2. To collect material for studies on stock separation of cod (blood samples, vertebral counts, otoliths).
3. To tag cod on and off the spawning grounds.
4. To repeat part of the groundfish trawl survey in Cardigan Bay.
5. To collect fertilized plaice eggs for D Thompson.
6. To collect live dabs and turbot for Dr Htun Han.
7. To collect live lesser spotted dogfish and rays for Dr Greer Walker.
8. To collect frozen specimens of all species for Mr Blacker.
9. To collect live thornback rays for Dr Pentreath.
10. To collect lymphocystis-infected plaice for Mr D Walker.
11. To collect live plankton from the English Channel for Dr B Thompson.
12. To collect edible crabs for Mr Burfitt.
|Chief scientist||Keith M Brander (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.32 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 53|
Description: surface 5 bottom
|Biology and fisheries|
|Eggs and larvae||Quantity: number of stations = 53|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 49|
Description: population,distribution studies
|Taggings||Quantity: number of specimens = 21|