RV Clione CLI7/68
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Clione (74CN)|
|Cruise period||1968-05-16 — 1968-05-24|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To survey the Southern Bight and Borkum spawning areas for fisheggs and larvae.
2. To monitor continuously the Chlorophyll-A content, temperature, transparency and turbidity of the surface sea water and to obtain water samples for nutrient salt analyses.
3. To carry out productivity studies using the Coulter Counter.
4. To investigate the vertical distribution of fish larvae.
5. To test the data logging system.
6. To collect small fish for stomach content analysis.
7. To carry out gear tests with (a) the Boothbay net and (b) the
standard 30-inch tin tow net.
|Chief scientist||Derek Harding (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.13 MB)|
|Surface measurements underway (T,S)||Description: T only|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 108|
Description: 41 T surface 3 T bottom
|Transparency (eg transmissometer)|
|Optics (eg underwater light levels)|
|Phosphate||Quantity: number of stations = 101|
|Nitrate||Quantity: number of stations = 101|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Phytoplankton pigs (eg chlorophyll, fluorescence)||Description: chlorophyll "A"|