RV Cefas Endeavour 23/16
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cefas Endeavour (74E9)|
|Cruise period||2016-10-22 — 2016-10-27|
|Port of departure||Swansea, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Liverpool, United Kingdom|
1. To collect samples of demersal fish for chemical analysis from the Irish Sea, and Welsh Coast in support of the Clean Seas Environmental Monitoring
2. To collect fish samples at CSEMP sites for fish disease biochemical markers (e.g. EROD and bile metabolites analysis).
3. To sample representative CSEMP stations using day grab, for polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), trace metal contaminants, organic contaminants (PCBs, PBDEs and HBCD), sediment particle size analysis (PSA), benthic fauna and marine litter.
4. To conduct marine litter surveys by collecting benthic litter information from the trawls and also collecting sediment samples for litter analysis.
5. To conduct marine mammal observations.
6. To conduct stomach content analysis using taxonomic and DNA analytical methods.
Narrative in attached cruise report.
|Chief scientist||Ernst E M Nicolaus (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Lowestoft Laboratory)|
|Cruise programme||(0.36 MB)|
|Cruise report||(2.10 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Specific||Welsh Coastline and Irish Sea|