1. Capture the strength and the variability of the eastern boundary current off Goban Spur at the Irish shelf edge, which required the recovery and redeployment of deep- sea moorings
2. Recover data recorded by bottom-mounted PIES. This data serves to investigate the strength and variability of the NAC crossing 47°/48°N in the Newfoundland Basin and in the West European Basin
3. Analyse the deep water export in the Deep Western Boundary Current (DWBC) across 47°N in the Newfoundland Basin as well as the export of Labrador Sea Water (LSW) through Flemish Pass by means of deep-sea moorings and ship-based observations.
4. Capture the water column properties and identify changes in the components of North Atlantic Deep Water
5. Investigate the strength of the NAC from PIES and ship observations as the NAC crosses the Mid-Atlantic Ridge and enters the eastern basin.
Narrative in attached cruise report.
Dagmar Kieke (University of Bremen Institute of Environmental Physics)