FRV Clupea 0477C_1
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Clupea (74CU)|
|Cruise period||1977-03-14 — 1977-04-08|
|Port of departure||Lerwick, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Troon, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||4A CP 77
1. To carry out pelagic and bottom trawling in the area of Ballantrae Bank to obtain samples of herring.
2. To collect herring gonads for rearing experiments.
3. To carry out intensive surveys over Ballantrae Bank and around Corsewall Point to estimate the production of herring larvae.
4. To carry out surveys over the whole Clyde area to estimate drift, growth and mortality of herring larvae.
5. To make observations on the position of scallop dredgers operating in the area of known herring spawning grounds.
|Chief scientist||David W McKay (Department of Agriculture and Fisheries for Scotland Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.13 MB)|
|General||Inner Seas off the West Coast of Scotland|
|Specific||Ballantrae Bank, Clyde|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Eggs and larvae||Quantity: number of surveys = 7|
Description: 7 off Ballantrae Bank, 2 around Corserwall Point and 1 off the South of Arran for herring larvae estimation. Sprats, whiting and herring were caught
|Pelagic fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 3|
Description: Using a bottom trawl. Herring caught