The research undertaken on this cruise fell under the following broad categories:
1. Biological studies of zooplankton biogeography
2. Distribution of phytoplankton and related nutrients in the surface ocean
3. Physical oceanography of island affected waters
4. Visual and photo transects of coral reefs for reef community studies
In support of these projects, we conducted the following station work:
1. Neuston tows - 13
2. Sub-surface 1 meter net plankton tows - 7
4. Hydrocast stations for sampling chlorophyll a, pH, nitrate and nitrite concentrations, with on-board CTD salinity/temperature/depth profiles - 12
In addition, continuous ADCP record of ocean currents, bottom profile using minute-byminute logging of CHIRP sub-bottom profiler, and minute-by-minute record of surface temperature, salinity, turbidity, chlorophyll a concentration and CDOM fluorescence were collected. Up to 12 photo and visual transects were collected in Grenada, St. Vincent and the Grenadines (Tobago Cays), Montserrat, and Antigua and Barbuda (Barbuda).
Jan Witting (Sea Education Association)
Grenada, Tobago Cays (St. Vincent and the
Grenadines), Montserrat, Barbuda.