FRV Scotia 0818S
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Scotia (748S)|
|Cruise period||2018-06-03 — 2018-06-25|
|Port of departure||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
1. To obtain estimates of the abundance and distribution of Nephrops burrow complexes at Fladen, in the North Minch, the South Minch, the Firth of Clyde, in the Sound of Jura and at Devil's Hole. If time and weather permits, stations at the Noup may also be surveyed.
2. To use the TV footage to record the occurrence of other benthic fauna as well as evidence of commercial trawl activity.
3. To collect sediment samples at each station.
4. To carry out trawling for Nephrops, based on one haul in each sediment stratum in each of the main survey areas, in order to obtain samples of Nephrops for size composition analysis.
5. To collect samples of Nephrops from the trawls for comparison of reproductive condition and morphometrics in each of the different survey areas (Functional Units).
6. To record and retain marine litter obtained from trawling as part of the MSFD.
7. To recover COMPASS moorings at seven sites on the west coast, and to deploy replacement devices at each site.
8. To re-deploy Hydrographic ADCP mooring at location, 59° 16.96' N 001° 15.26' W
|Chief scientist||Adrian Weetman (Marine Scotland Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise programme||(0.36 MB)|
Inner Seas off the West Coast of Scotland
North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)
|Specific||Fladen, the Minch, Firth of Clyde, Sound of Jura, Devil's Hole.|