FRV Scotia 1018S
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Scotia (748S)|
|Cruise period||2018-07-21 — 2018-07-25|
|Port of departure||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
1. To deploy an AVU/drone from Scotia to monitor turbulence in the Pentland Firth over the Meygen site, at the South end of Stroma.
2. To record distribution of seabirds/mammals.
3. To record multi-frequency acoustic data using the on board EK60.
4. To record data using the on board ADCP.
5. To run the thermosalinograph, taking water and chlorophyll samples throughout the trip for calibration purposes.
It is expected that the route will approximately follow that of the 2016 survey, with any amendments in accord with navigational requirements at the time.
|Chief scientist||Adrian Tait (Marine Scotland Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise programme||(0.11 MB)|