FRV Scotia 1118S
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Scotia (748S)|
|Cruise period||2018-07-28 — 2018-08-17|
|Port of departure||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
1. To complete an internationally coordinated demersal trawling survey in the North Sea in ICES area IV.
2. To obtain temperature and salinity data from the surface and seabed at each trawling station using a SEABIRD 19+CTD.
3. To collect additional biological data in connection with the EU Data Collection Framework (DCF).
4. Opportunistic completion of zero hours hauls to assess unquantified time spent by the trawl on the seabed.
5. Deployment of 3 AUV gliders as part of the AlterEco project.
|Chief scientist||Ruadhan Gillespie-Mules (Marine Scotland Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise programme||(2.01 MB)|
|Specific||North Sea (ICES area IV)|