FRV Alba Na Mara 1318A
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Alba Na Mara (74NM)|
|Cruise period||2018-08-25 — 2018-09-10|
|Port of departure||Fraserburgh, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Fraserburgh, United Kingdom|
1. To obtain estimates of the distribution and abundance of Nephrops burrows in the Firth of Forth and the Moray Firth using underwater cameras.
2. To use the TV footage to record the occurrence of other benthic fauna and evidence of commercial trawling activity.
3. To collect trawl caught samples of Nephrops for comparison of reproductive condition and morphometrics in each of the different survey areas.
4. To collect samples of Nephrops for a PHD student from NUI Galway for a study on density-dependent effects on Nephrops maturity using morphometric relationships among body structures.
5. If time permits, deployments of the sledge followed by the drop frame will be carried out on the same ground to compare Nephrops burrow density estimates obtained by using the two different methods.
|Chief scientist||Gerald McAllister (Marine Scotland Aberdeen Marine Laboratory), Katie Boyle (Marine Scotland Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise programme||(0.06 MB)|
|Specific||Firth of Forth, Moray Firth.|