- Cruise inventory
FRV Scotia 1218S
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Scotia (748S)|
|Cruise period||2018-08-21 — 2018-09-15|
|Port of departure||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
1. Undertake Type 1 monitoring (measures rate and direction of long-term change) using VMUX and Dropframe fitted with HD cameras.
2. Update and extend coverage of previous demersal trawl time series in vicinity of FSSB.
3. Obtain samples of sponge community from FSSB for classification, molecular studies, identifications, and to provide baseline data on hydrocarbon levels in FSSB sponge tissue.
4. Undertake Type 1 monitoring on north, east, and south slopes of RB using VMUX and Dropframe fitted with HD cameras.
5. Update demersal trawl time series on RB on historical stations between 600-1100 m depth plus another at 2100 m, time permitting.
6. Obtain samples of sponge community for classification, molecular studies, identifications, and to provide baseline data on hydrocarbon levels in RB sponge tissue.
7. Undertake Type 1 monitoring effort using Dropframe fitted with HD cameras.
8. Scope out and undertake a series depth stratified trawls on suitable grounds to the west of the SAC taking in the North Rockall Basin, Wyville Tomson Ridge and Faroe-Bank Channel.
9. Trial and assess performance of Aqua-tracker.
10. Obtain tissue of selected fish for barcoding.
11. Sample benthic fauna using Agassiz using trawl ground-gear bags in selected areas.
|Chief scientist||James Drewery (Marine Scotland Aberdeen Marine Laboratory), Philip Boulcott (Marine Scotland Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise programme||(0.54 MB)|
|General||North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)|
|Specific||North Rockall Basin, Wyville Tomson Ridge, Faroe-Bank Channel|