RV Cefas Endeavour 11/20
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cefas Endeavour (74E9)|
|Cruise period||2020-07-13 — 2020-07-25|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
1. To undertake a beam trawl survey in the southern North Sea and eastern Channel as part of an ICES co-ordinated research programme.
2. To obtain fisheries independent data on the distribution and abundance of commercial flatfish species.
3. To collect biological data, including maturity and weight at age of commercial species, to satisfy the requirements of the EU data regulations.
4. To identify the epibenthos by catch taken in the 4-metre beam trawl and to quantify 12 species as agreed at the Beam Trawl Working Group.
5. To collect full depth, conductivity, temperature and depth profiles at each trawl station alongside surface and near-bottom water samples using a Niskin with ESM2 logger.
6. To continuously log sub-surface (3m) salinity, temperature, fluorometry and other environmental data using the 'Ferrybox'.
7. To sample litter caught in the beam trawl on every station
8. Collection of one sample 500m from the West Gabbard Smart buoy for (Sophie Petois, Cefas Lowestoft)
9. The collection & preparation of water samples for chlorophyll determination (Naomi Greenwood, Cefas)
1. To tag and release specimens of various commercially exploited skates (Rajidae) and other selected elasmobranches.
2. Collect specimens of selected species for ID purposes as well as length-weight measurements where still required.
3. Collect information on discard survivability of starry smooth-hounds (M. asterias) (Jo Silva, Cefas)
|Chief scientist||Joanne Smith (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Lowestoft Laboratory)|
|Cruise programme||(0.26 MB)|
|Specific||Southern North Sea and Eastern Channel|