RRS Challenger CH2/78
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RRS Challenger (74CH)|
|Cruise period||1978-01-30 — 1978-02-13|
|Port of departure||Barry, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Ardrossan, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||Objectives for this cruise were:
(1) Re-lay current meter mooring at 57N, 9W. Accomplished.
(2) Lay a deep-water current meter mooring between Anton Dohrn Seamount and Rockall Bank. Accomplished.
(3) Work the Anton Dohrn Seamount (Ellett Line) CTD section with a time series in the vicinity of the current meter mooring. Full section worked twice.
(4) Work CTD sections on the shelf to the W of the Hebrides. Five sections worked.
(5) Collect large-volume surface water samples on the shelf for radiocaesium analysis. Accomplished with CTD profiles on each station.
|Chief scientist||David J Ellett (Scottish Marine Biological Association)|
|Cruise report||(0.17 MB)|
|General||Inner Seas off the West Coast of Scotland|
North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 118|
Description: S surface 22 T surface
|CTD stations||Quantity: number of stations = 10|
Description: CTD observations.
|CTD stations||Quantity: number of stations = 109|
|Radioactivity||Quantity: number of samples = 10|
Description: Water samples for radio-caesium analysis.