RV Cirolana CIR3/78
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1978-02-28 — 1978-03-18|
|Port of departure||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To participate in the ICES international young fish survey for I-group
herring and gadoids.
2. To sample post-larval herring using the Isaacs-Kidd midwater trawl.
3. To take surface and bottom temperature and salinity readings on each trawl station.
4. To measure the influence of temperature on the incubation and early larval stages of the sprat and other species using a shipboard incubation apparatus.
Other aims received too late for inclusion in the published cruise programme:-
5. To obtain length and girth measurements of cod, haddock and whiting.
6. To identify stomach contents of cod, haddock and whiting.
7. To collect sandeels and small gadoids for fish food.
|Chief scientist||W G Parnell (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.59 MB)|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 59|
Description: top & bottom
|Biology and fisheries|
|Pelagic fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 59|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 59|