RV Clione CLI2/78
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Clione (74CN)|
|Cruise period||1978-02-02 — 1978-02-11|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To tag spawning cod in the eastern English Channel, Southern Bight and middle North Sea (migration - Mr Houghton).
2. To collect 15 ripe female and 5 ripe male plaice and return them alive to Lowestoft (genetics - Mr D Thompson).
3. To collect 10 large and preferably spent plaice and return them alive to Lowestoft (fish physiology - Dr M Greer Walker).
4. To collect approx 500 plaice eggs and deliver them to Lowestoft (television film - Mr J Nichols).
5. To obtain length and girth measurements of cod, haddock and whiting in the North Sea and English Channel. (North Sea Roundfish Working Group - Mr C Macer).
6. To freeze a variety of fish specimens and deliver to Lowestoft (Fish Identification Course - Mr R Blacker).
|Chief scientist||R G Houghton (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.16 MB)|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Taggings||Quantity: number of specimens = 596|