RV Clione CLI8/78
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Clione (74CN)|
|Cruise period||1978-06-08 — 1978-06-26|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To tag cod and if possible other gadoid species in the general area of Shetlands, Papa Bank and Sulisker.
2. To obtain specimens in good condition from as many species as possible for the Fishery Officers' fish identification course.
3. To measure the selectivity of a 90 mm codend for gurnards.
4. To obtain data on the whole weight/gutted weight relationship for as many commercial species as possible.
5. To obtain otoliths from cod, haddock and whiting to supplement the commercial market sampling programme.
6. To bring back live large plaice for Mr Scholes.
|Chief scientist||B C Bedford (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.21 MB)|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Taggings||Quantity: number of specimens = 730|
|Other biological/fisheries measurement||Quantity: number of measurements = 500|
Description: length-weight relationship (62 stations)