1. To tag cod and, if possible, other gadoid species, preferably large fish in spawning condition in the general area from the North Finch to the Muckle Flugga.
2. To obtain data on the whole weight/gutted weight relationship for as many commercial species as possible.
3. To obtain otoliths from cod, haddock and whiting to supplement the regular commercial vessel sampling programme.
4. To obtain specimens in good condition from as many species as possible for Mr Blackers next fish identification course.
5. To measure the selectivity of a 90 mm cod-end for gurnards.
6. To bring back live halibut for Dr Purdom.
B C Bedford (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)
Biology and fisheries
Quantity: number of hauls = 8
Quantity: number of hauls = 43
Quantity: number of specimens = 172
Other biological/fisheries measurement
Quantity: number of measurements = 650 Description: length, weight relationship