RV Clione CLI1/79
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Clione (74CN)|
|Cruise period||1979-01-04 — 1979-01-24|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To tag cod and, if possible, other gadoid species, preferably large fish in spawning condition in the general area from the North Finch to the Muckle Flugga.
2. To obtain data on the whole weight/gutted weight relationship for as many commercial species as possible.
3. To obtain otoliths from cod, haddock and whiting to supplement the regular commercial vessel sampling programme.
4. To obtain specimens in good condition from as many species as possible for Mr Blackers next fish identification course.
5. To measure the selectivity of a 90 mm cod-end for gurnards.
6. To bring back live halibut for Dr Purdom.
|Chief scientist||B C Bedford (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.37 MB)|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Zooplankton||Quantity: number of hauls = 8|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 43|
|Taggings||Quantity: number of specimens = 172|
|Other biological/fisheries measurement||Quantity: number of measurements = 650|
Description: length, weight relationship