RV Clione CLI2/79
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Clione (74CN)|
|Cruise period||1979-02-01 — 1979-02-13|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To carry out the last of the pre-dumping water quality surveys in the proposed sewage sludge dumping area off the River Tyne.
2. To carry out a water quality survey in the Tees Bay area in connection with Methyl methaerylate waste dumping.
3. If time permits, to trawl for young gadoids and sprats for predation studies.
4. To test the sub surface mechanical pumping system.
5. To collect samples of plankton for Dr Thompson.
6. To service the JONSIS stations.
|Chief scientist||A R Folkard (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.18 MB)|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 90|
Description: 57 with S only
|Phosphate||Quantity: number of stations = 87|
|Nitrate||Quantity: number of stations = 59|
|Nitrite||Quantity: number of stations = 87|
|Ammonia||Quantity: number of stations = 53|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Phytoplankton pigs (eg chlorophyll, fluorescence)|